We expect you to act as role models throughout the Academy, this is especially true in relation to the way that you dress.
The reasons that we have a dress code are as follows:
- The Academy is a professional environment and as such we expect you to dress in a professional manner.
- We are preparing you for the world of work where it is likely that many of you will have to adopt professional/business dress.
- We want you to take pride in how you look. First impressions do count.
|Male Students||Female Students|
|Shirt & Tie||Formal Skirt & Trousers (Skirts to be a minimum of knee length. Leggings & dresses are not allowed)|
|Smart Trousers (No Demin, Jeans or Shorts)||Blouse or Professional Smart Top (All tops must cover shoulders - strappy tops or tops with cut away shoulders are NOT acceptable)|
|Black Shoes (Trainers, Canvas Pumps or Boots are NOT acceptable)||Black Shoes (Trainers, Sandals or Flip Flops are NOT acceptable)|
|School Lanyard & ID badges are to be worn at ALL times||School Lanyard & ID badges are to be worn at ALL times|
- Jewellery - Students are to ensure that jewellery is kept to a minimum. Students will be requested to remove any items of jewellery deemed inappropriate.
- Denim, hoodies and sports-wear are not allowed to be worn in school. Coats and hoodies should be removed when entering the building, as well as headphones.
- Staff will confiscate any hoodies, coats and headphones on view.
- Students who are not wearing suitable clothing or not dressed in a professional manner will be required to return home to change and parents will be informed.