Free school meal, trips and uniform grants may be available where a family is already receiving benefits. Application forms and further information on such grants are available from the Academy Central Office.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Please register as soon as possible to make sure your child and doesn’t miss out.
How Does it Work?
- First, check if you qualify - it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
- Registering is really quick and easy - if you think you qualify simply complete the form which is on the next page or go onto http://www.ealing.gov.uk and A-Z click on S, click schools, click Free School Meal, and click Apply on line. You will need a valid email address to apply online.
- If you do qualify, your child will receive a free, healthy meal at lunchtimes (saving you more than £350 per year).
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect any other benefits you are claiming.
You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, providing you or your partner are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income of £16,190 or less.
- Assistance from the UK Border Agency.
Upon receipt of applications, either directly though the Academy or by completing the online process, Ealing Borough will contact you via letter to confirm if your child is entitled or not.
Students can also register for Free School Meals if they receive any of these benefits themselves. Please click on the links below to apply: